Using Outlook Online to Request an Interlibrary Loan
Most of the instructions for using Outlook Online are at that site. However, here are a few extra tips based on questions we’ve had in the past.
- You have to complete Patron Identifier, Password and Phone Number. Leaving any one of them blank will invalidate your request.
- If you do not have a telephone, contact the Library about alternative methods of notification.
- Patron Identifier: Just enter your last name.
- Password: Create a unique identifier that you can use for all future requests as well
- Library Card: Enter your complete library card number.
- Phone: Enter your phone number with the area code first.
- Click the Submit button when you’re finished completing the form. If you choose to abandon the request, just click on the Close button or X icon in the top right hand corner of the screen.
To track your requests, select ILL Request Tracking from the box on the left side of the Patron Menu. When the box appears, enter your Patron Identifier and Password, then click Submit. A box will appear showing the status of your current request(s).
Need more help? Watch a video tutorial on using Outlook Online to request an interlibrary loan.